Freestyle wrestling is a form of amateur wrestling that traces its roots to Great Britain, then to the United States via Irish immigrants in the 19th Century. The sport has been part of the Summer Olympic Games since 1896 and is practiced widely throughout the world. The primary goal in wrestling is to throw and pin your opponent to the mat. This requires tremendous strength, speed, flexibility, technique, and above all, mental toughness.
Benefits of the Titan Wrestling Program
- Internationally benchmarked- Our wrestling program is regularly tested against wrestling’s world governing body, United World Wrestling (UWW), the International Federation of Associated Wrestling Styles (FILA), which has its headquarters near Lausanne, Switzerland, the International Olympic Committee, as well as the National Collegiate Athletic Association (“NCAA”) in the United States.
- Structured- targeted, goal-centric training to develop and master specific wrestling skills.
- Systematic programming- Programming revolves around cycled time horizons throughout the year to ensure skill requirements are measured, regularly reinforced, and aligned with our specific articulated Wrestling Road Map.
- Expert team- Our international coaches have years of competitive and management experience with the world’s most accomplished wrestlingprograms at the youth and senior levels.
- Innovative and Holistic- As the popular adage goes, “wrestlers make great athletes.” In fact, wrestling is well known as being one of the best transferrable sports in the world. With such a reputation andby popular demand we offer Wrestling for Physical Fitness, and Wrestling for Grappling and MMA as alternatives to our primary freestyle wrestling program.
Titan Sports Academy © 2018 | All Rights Reserved